Ørsted buys stake in Scottish floating wind project


United Kingdom – Ørsted and Simply Blue Group have formed a joint venture (JV) to develop the 100 MW Salamander floating offshore wind project in Scotland.

Simply Blue Group’s new JV partner, Ørsted, will hold an 80 percent stake in the project, and Subsea 7 will hold the remaining 20 percent.

Lease round

Salamander is expected to be a part of Crown Estate Scotland’s upcoming Innovation and Targeted Oil and Gas (INTOG) lease round later this year.

By establishing the floating wind technology stepping stone, Simply Blue Group provides supply chain businesses with an opportunity to prepare for commercial-scale floating wind opportunities and help make the technology cost competitive as early as possible.